How to change bossy and tattling type behaviors? Help Please....

Since I aksed another question, it has come to my attention that you all might be able to help here...My SD is 8.5 in 2nd grade. She is the oldest of my bf's kids. She has a tendency to be kind of bossy (I know this is typical of oldest children) and is also known to tattle. We try to work with her, but I don't think I am doing a very good job. I can't say anything about how her mom does...but we have them more and I think it is important to take care of. She is also decietful and manipulative. If she asked for someone to come over and we told her no, she would go pout and cry and then start saying I miss my mommy. i want to call my mommy, etc. And then when she would call mommy would say well do you want me to come get you - without talking to us. i could go on, but i think you get the idea. this hasn't been a problem lately, but she is definately sneaky about things. i hate it. i don't like manipulative behavior.

aly38914290

Asked by aly38914290 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• thank you for your input :-)
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I can't really help you..If her mom is in the middle of all this,,She is not going to get any better..Just worse.

Answer by louise2 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• things are getting better between BM and I. Actually things are the best they have ever been. We are communicating a lot about different things, so any advice on things that both BM and I can do would be helpful.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It's like they say about mom and dad being on the same page when it comes to disipline. You and your DH and the BM have to back each other up when the kids start acting up.

Answer by louise2 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2009