I don't remember this the first time...

I'm 13 almost 14 weeks pregnant and I have been having period like cramps in my lower back and stomach. No bleeding, but I have been paying close attention for it. I've already had one child and I don't remember having this type of problem this far along. I know I did for about the first 6-8 weeks, but this recently started happening. I go to my doctors next week so I can talk to him then, but I was wondering what this problem might be. Is it normal?

ramita

Asked by ramita at 1:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was doing this until I was about 10-12 weeks (don't remember exactly) along w/ bleeding and spotting. I had blood on my cervix that my body was trying to get rid of thats why it was cramping so bad. They had to scrap my cervix to get it off. OMG did it freaking hurt.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• If it concerns you, ask your doc. I get period like cramps my entire pregnancy, and did with my daughter too. It's normal for me.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Well, I had an abnormal pap smear so they had to do everything but scrape my cervix (which they will do once I have the baby). Like I said though no bleeding and no spotting. It hurts bad and all I want to do is curl up and try to go back to sleep. It really sucks because I can't even take the medicines that I take for my period cramps, and tylenol just does not do the trick.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 1:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i had some sharp shooting pains in my belly too. Sometimes they were in my groin area and my back. My doc told me that my pains were round ligament pains. The ligaments in my stomach were stretching. I don't know if that's what you are having or not, but if you are worried, I'd just call the doc's office and ask to speak to a nurse just to be on the safe side.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• yea, but celticerverie its an everyday thing. Its been going on for about a week now.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 1:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i get them every day too. That's my point. Every day I get period like cramps. It is annoying, but normal for me. That's all. You just asked a question, no explanation etc.. so I responded with my experience.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I got stomach cramps most of my pregnancy. I was told this was normal, but you may want to check. If you like the flavor of mint, try eating or drinking something with mint or mint flavoring. Mint will naturally relax your muscles. It may not stop the cramps all together, but it might at least help make them tolerable.
    angel012682

Answer by angel012682 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I had those menstrual pains right around that same time frame (first trimester). For me, they went away during the second trimester, but every woman is different as is every pregnancy. You should mention it to the doc when you see him/her next week just so that way it's documented.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 3:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2009