Do you think formula feeding is taking the easy way out

This statement hurt my feelings because I felt when I made the decision to bottle feed I was doing the best that "I" could for my child. "it should never be done, it can be dangerous for the baby. people that prop feed are usually formula feeding, and have already taken the "easy" and lazy way out. why have a baby if you don't want to properly care for him/her? "

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/120870/And_so_what
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• nope. i as my sons mother does what is best for my son. formula feeding was what was best for him and I. hes healthy and happy and has been since i switched him.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Umm... no! What about mothers who can't? Are they taking the easy way out, no, they are feeding there children! It's so rude to think that people think that way. You can put breastmilk in a bottle and prop it up just as easy as formula. My son had reflux and had to go on a special formula, guess I'm a bad mom for making sure my child was feed!!!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 1:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• You are doing what is best for you child. People forget that everyone's lives and situations are different, and what might work for one women is not going to work for another. Just keep providing the care you child needs, and bother what everyone else has to say. It is your child, you have to provide for them, and you have to deal with the repercussions of everything that you do as a parent. So believe in your decisions and forget what others say.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• There is nothing lazy about either. It's not easy getting up three times a night to mix formula, just like it's not easy to stop what your doing and sit for an hour breastfeeding either. Don't let what people say bother you because you'll never please everyone. If they don't like the way you do things tell them to kiss your ass! I'll say it again, breast feeding is NOT always best, it really depends on the mother's health, lifestyle and the needs of the baby.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• that would hurt my feelings too, i really wanted to breast feed but my son wouldnt latch properly and i couldnt pump enough and i was getting frustrated. i should have stuck with it but i didnt, but now that i know better i will do better
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• its up to the mom....i think that if it is at all possible you should breastfeed but sometimes people cant.i dont look down on or judge anyone who gives their baby formula.
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt let that hurt me, everybody has thier own opinions on how or what to feed thier baby, i've never seen a baby die because they were formula feed, the people that say things like that think that's the one and only way to ever have the perfect baby and want things done thier way is what i think. Like i said about people who only think thier way is the right way, my only response is that maybe someone needs to point out they arent so perfect either.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• there are lazy mothers who chose formula because yes, they didnt want to make the work to breastfeed. some woman are selfish & thats why they chose to FF.. but there are moms out there that cant bf & there are moms out there that have other reasons that nursing would not be in the best interest to both mother & child. But that doesnt mean all moms are lazy for formula feeding.
    I dont agree with prop feeding either, sure some moms use it to spend even less time with their kids.. but some moms do it because thats what they feel they have to do to get something else done. You cant group everyone into 1 small opinion.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i just read that american sugar, thank you, that is so true
    Anonymous