What would you do???

My son was attending sunday school and for the last 3 or so weeks he decided not to go. And he didnt want to talk to the lady. Ok so he answered the phone last saturday and he said he didnt want to go. And she said I love you to him and he said I loved you back. I was like WTF????????? So I have been sick all weekend. SO I confronted him yesterday and he said she never tried to touch him or nothing like that. He said he didnt know what to say back. SO I called the church and told the person in charge of the kids program. He said that he would take care of it immeditaley and if she was still calling to call the police. But do you think I should still make a report to the police or what would you do??? Please help me.

momof5kidz

Asked by momof5kidz at 1:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• NO. I'm sure its harmless. My moms a childrens pastor and loves all the kids and she tells them she loves them and a lot of times they tell her first. Be grateful that you have another person to help encourage postive beliefs. If your not comfortable with it tell the sunday school teacher politely. I know when I used to help out with sunday school and kids events I would tell the kids I loved them. Alot of the kids came from rough rough homes and didn't have anyone else to love them. And I really did love those children. I really wouldn't be alarmed by it.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• my thought is obviously your son is uncomfortable about something...leave it up to the priest or minister to figure it out and if not go it on your own.my husband is catholic and went to school with all those priest that were abusive.(st jeans church)even knew the boy...it can happen anywhere if nothing happens i would take it in your own hands,,,GODwill understand...
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i would be talking to her and asking her what is going on
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Do what the person in charge told you to do. If the woman calls back again, call the police. It isn't appropriate for a teacher to call a student directly. Teachers should deal with the parents when calling home, not the child.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 2:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Sunday school teachers aren't teachers they are volunteers. It really doesn't sound anything to be concerned about. It depends on how you asked your son. If you sounded upset that he told her he loved her too, he probably didn't want you to be more upset and didn't know how to answer your confrontation. I wouldn't be concerned about it but be happy someone else thinks your son is special :)
    Anonymous

• there is a differents of being special and special
    Anonymous

• Really, if your concerned I would go sit in one of her sunday school classes and see what she is all about.
    Anonymous

• It's bothering your son, it's bothering you and obviously "the person in charge" felt there was "something to take care of" so like someone already said...call the police if this "teacher" calls again.
    Kristin21

Answer by Kristin21 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i think the big question is why is he so uncomfortable? what is the reason he doesnt want to go? i would continue to try to figure that out with him, it may give you some more answers.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 4:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• You left out a lot of important information. How old is your son? Is this a church that your whole family attends or do you drop him off for Sunday School. I agree that after 3 weeks, it is inappropriate for a teacher to say "I love You". But, it may not be as threatening as you are making it soumd. As a Sunday School teacher for over 20 years, I can tell you that teaching children is a dual ministry. I am responsible for supporting and encouragin parents as much as teaching the kids. I would only speak to parents on the phone, but I would send post cards to kids regularly. I know we cannot be too careful with our children, but don't blow this out of preportion. Always take a grievance up with the indiviual before going over their head. If they don't respond, then seek out a supervisor etc. Give this teacher a chance to hear your concerns and explain and possibly corrcect her behavior.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2009