teething

my dd is 8 mos and her first tooth started to break through, i can see and feel the sharp top. it seems since it started coming in she hates bottles. i try giving a sippy and she chews the top and throws it at me! im not sure how to get her to eat it. she is still peeing and pooping and eating solids well im just not sure how to get her to eat her bottles. she absolutely hates juice so thats not an option either. at night and naptime she will take some of her bottles it just seems that as soon as she sees her solids thats it no bottle for her! any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe back off the solids some until she starts taking the formula again. Also, what type of sippy are you using? Try different ones, soft top, hard top, large nipple, small nipple. There are so many and my son is picky, he only likes certain ones. When he first started he liked Gerber ones with soft tops, now he likes the cheap nuby ones with a hard top! Try different scenarios. I also tricked my son into eating his formula. In a bowl mix the formula and cereal to an oatmeal type consistancy, then mix in half a jar of baby food. She will still get the solids, but the milk as well.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 2:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Just get a faster flow nipple. I always have to switch to fast flow when my daughter is cutting a tooth. I'm back to the slow flow as soon as it is through the gums. It just hurts to suck that hard.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2009