Another Obama-Pelosi-Ried Spendapalooza????????

Democrats in Congress are moving to give domestic government agencies 8 percent MORE money, on average, to spend this year atop the whopping $787 billion in economic stimulus funds...
Taxpayers for Common Sense, a budget watchdog group, counted 8,570 pet projects totaling $7.7 billion inserted into the bill by lawmakers...
*$22 million for an addition for the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library
*10 percent increase for the money-losing Amtrak passenger rail system.
*Congress also awarded itself a 10 percent increase in its own budget, bringing it to $4.4 billion.
The bill is H.R. 1105.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5injFfO8MlwJfFFF_n29IR630N94AD96II3M80

SO, yet another Bill coming up for vote (Thursday) that is full of Pork. Who thinks Obama will keep his word and veto it?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the Obama Baby Mamma Drama Orama should be stopped!!! Who's with me.. Let's put an end to this OBMDO right now! Can we have the power for just one day to delete all these people cafemom, PLEASE????
    Anonymous

• Silly Anons, no one forced you to the POLITICS section of Cafe mom..
    And.... OMG, this is a political question... lol
    Gosh, looks like this question fits right in... And get ready, cause it is going to be a long 4 years of holding the President of The United Stated Accountable. :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I read all these new spending bills and ideas to come - and I just want to cry, and sometimes do. I have no choice in the matter - I feel taken advantage of - this is turning into class warfare.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 2:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Wow anon are you into communism or just the destruction of freedom of speech and expression? These people are spending your tax dollars and it shouldnt matter if its Obama, or a republican. Its wrong. Do you think this money just comes off the money tree out back? Eventually we will be in worse shape then we ever have been before but hey its allgood right? I mean because Obama won. The election is over just FYI and now the grown ups will carry on talking about politics. Just because you dont like whats being said means you get to tell cafemom who to let stay or go. Grow up.
    Anonymous

• I think they call it OMNIBUS or something like that. 410 B to be announced sometime tomorrow and has yes, 8570 earmarks. Something Obama promised he would not do. This takes Government spending form 20% on Jan 19 to 48.8% when it is passed. In Europe the average for Government spending there is 47% and is considered to be socialist governing. Welcome to your new country. Obamaland.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• And people thought I was a conspiracy theorist....hmmm....I guess the numbers speak for themselves.

akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• She doesn't care because she will probably benefit from the extra 13 dollars a week or maybe she knows someone who would benefit from saving the mighty marsh mouse in California. Face it, they don't care, they'd rather be broke and let the gov govern everything right down to how many toilets we are allowed to have in our houses, THAN SPEAK AGAINST THEIR BELOVED OBAMA.
    Anonymous

• I think ( anon 136) those are the first people who will go after him, his followers. The people in California who overwhelmingly voted him in, just lost 20,000 govt. jobs, will not get state tax returns and has no money. No money for liberal giveaways, and people are fleeing the state in horror. Those will be the first to come after Obama madder than hell.
    Anonymous

• Obamaland...I love it! You just made up a new catch phrase!

I agree, we are (so it seems) in a new country! Just to make myself clear...this is not a compliment!
    sharebearmomof2

Answer by sharebearmomof2 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• sharebear,
    I am being totally serious when I say that. People call me crazy all the time on here only because they have their own head up their a$$. At 48.8% government spending we are now in the correct definition of a socialist nation. In 35 days Obama accomplished that and yet still his followers do not see what his ultimate goal is. And are not fearful of how quickly and easily he did, and how willing the people were to allow it to happen.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2009