What version of the National Anthem do you prefer?

Do you like it when the person singing it keeps it simple of do you like the ones that get wild and start adding their own notes and words? I myself like it when it's kept simple. I'm all for a beautiful version of it but sometimes it gets out of hand. Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't mind a little embellishment, but that 7 minute version that Whitney Houston did was a little over-the-top for me. Comes off in bad taste, in my opinion, when singers do what she did to our National Anthem. It's our country's song, not "hers" to do that to.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 1:14 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I like it to be done, where it sounds like the national anthem. i think it's disrespectful to add anything to it.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I like the national anthem the traditional way. No need to add or take from it.

Answer by gemgem at 2:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I like it simple and traditional. I laugh and sometimes cringe at people who try to fancy it up. It's a serious song, not to be trifled with.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Traditional.
    Cal311

Answer by Cal311 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i like it done the was it was meant to be....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Traditional.
    Anonymous

• Nothing against Whitney personally ~~ I like her voice and enjoy her movies ~~ that was just an example.
    jburg2541