7 months and not doing much of anything

My sister has a 7 month old son he babbles and he doen turn over from his belly to hi back, but not all the time. He doesn't crawl yet. He on his belly he will hold up his head, but he doesn't push up with his hands he doesn't push his chest off the floor. He doesn't sit up yet even if you put him up to a sitting position he still can't sit up yet. If you sit him on the couch you have to sit him in the corner of the couch bc he can't balance himself yet. He doesn't roll to his back to belly yet only to his belly to back is this normal?

The only thing he doe do is like I said he rolls from his belly to his back, he babbles and he says mum he can hold his head up pretty good, he smiles when you smile, but that is all he really does

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He sounds like he's fine.
    About half of all babies start learning to sit without support at about 6 months. But that means half do it later.
    A few kids will start trying to crawl at 6 or 7 months but most don't until 8 or 9 months.
    It's not until 10 months that most kids can crawl with their belly off the ground.
    By 8 months, most babies can say mama and dada but they use them for either parent. It's not until 11 months that they get it right. Most don't say much more than that until closer to 18 months.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-1-to-6-months_1496585.bc

http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-7-to-12-months_1496587.bc
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It is just fine Everybaby develops at their own speed the only thing I would be concerned about is that he doesn't push his chest up but thats jmo
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 2:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Babies devolp differently. My baby was crawling before he was really good at sitting up. He could do it, but in the tripod position. You could try to get him a bumbo chair, they promote sitting up. I didn't use one, but alot of my friends did and their babies were sitting up before mine!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 2:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I have a Physical Therapist coming over for my 6 month old baby. Supposedly his motor skills are alittle slow. If you're very concerned maybe you should call Early Childhood Intervention. They're a big help and if your nephew really needs help they will absolutely help out. That's how we got the PT for him. It's worth it. They come to you and they don't charge. They're aided by NYC Dept of Health and Mental Hygiene.
    Adina1224

Answer by Adina1224 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2009