How can I talk to my husband about his weight problem?

He has gained at least 100 lbs since we got married 3 years ago, most of that was while I was pregnant. He gets hurt when I ask him about working out because its a touchy subject. He wants to but can't find the motivation. He said he would after he bought new shoes, then after his ankle heeled..its just excuse after excuse.
Last week he noticed some markings on his neck which i thought was just from skin rubbing together, but i just learned that it is a medical condition and a preconditioned symptom to diabetes. He's only 23.. and I used to want him to work out so he could be more sexy to me, but now I'm really concerned for his health.
Working out with him is not an option because he has said he wants to do it by himself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Health

• My husbands the same way. Just sit down and talk to him and tell him look I love you and I want you around for awhile. The way hes going hes going into an early grave and there is no reason for it. I told my husband we would lose weight together bc I know I have put on around 40 lbs since we met too. Anyway he seemed to understand and now we work out together even if its just going for a walk for 30 minutes a day. Most importantly take him to the dr and have the dr explain to him why this is so dangerous. Sometimes a 3rd party is someone theyll listen to then us.

Answer by gemgem at 2:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• How is his diet? What kinds of foods are in the house, what kind of meals are you eating? Exercise is part of it, but diet is huge too.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Do you have a Wii? If so, you could buy Wii fit and ask him to play with you!
    Anonymous

• This is a very tough situation, but it is a conversation that you must have. It is going to be awkward, but you must have it. His motivation should be his family. Just remind him of how much you love him and want him to be around forever and to see the kids grow up. Once you get past the convo and he agrees that he needs to loose some weight then get into the act with him. Prepare healty meals and exercise together. Every night I do P90X with my husband. We motivate each other. Good luck and be strong!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Theres your answer sweety...DIABETES! My DH is diabetic and the eating and exercise he has to do just to survive..... Hes not 23 , hes turning 50 this year and he looks awesome!! Just do it together and don't make him feel like you are calling him out. Once he starts he will feel better about it!
    Qelizabeth

Answer by Qelizabeth at 3:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I think I would want to encourage him to excercise with me. I would buy healthy foods and change the menu for all in the house. Maybe do it gradually. Blessings!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 4:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2009