Do u ever feel....?

ok this is funny. at least to me.
Do u ever feel like u get in the situation where u give those awkward hugs?
im talking like when someone u dont really know comes up to u and wants to hug u and ur not sure how they want to do it. like the side hug but u go in with the full hug? and then it gets awkward or the other way around. u go for the side hug and they go for the full blown bear hug. LMAO
It happens to me all the time

KCsMom08

Asked by KCsMom08 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yea it's happened to me...awkward! Ha, Ha glad it's not just me!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 2:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• lol if its a girl they automatically get a bear hug if its a guy i just give them a side hug unless they bear hug me then its real awkward. unless its my best friend who is a guy i bear hug him all the time!!! :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• There should be a hug rule book. LIke a Post's Etiquette for hugging.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Um nice, I was just on here at work and saw that. Who were you trying to hug??
    Mom2vanna

Answer by Mom2vanna at 2:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• hoi, I hate it when that happens.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I work with a bunch of guys so I don't get much hugs, but I have been in this situation before and yes it is awkward.
    For some reason I always go for the full hug and the person I am hugging goes for the side hug so we end up in this weird like chokehold thing.
    I don't give out hugs much anymore because of this.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 3:06 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I am not a fan of social hugging. I try to avoid them at all costs. I keep my arms across my chest and don't even inch forward a little. I don't want to encourage drive-by hugs.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My father's a pastor, so every Sunday is a hug-fest and if you don't get your hug habits down pat quickly, it makes for a really rough time. I've found that if I want to hug someone, I open up both arms wide when I'm far enough away from the other person that they can see I'm coming in for a full-hug and not a half-hug. The only people who get half-hugs are those who are standing right next to me in the pew, where you can't comfortably do a full face-on turn to allow a full-hug. I personally believe that hugs are like laughter, in that they add minutes to your life each time you get/give one.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2009