Missing work?

Hey ladies. Have any of you been fired for calling in too many times during your pregnancy? I don't call in excessivly, probably once or twice a month, but I'm nervous of being let go. But sometimes you just really can't make it in! Have any of you dealt with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• yes, It happened to me 11 years ago. I was let go when I was 8 months pg. I got diability early, and I think I even got unemployment for a short while until I got a job again, after my daughter was born.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 3:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• First of all its ILLEGAL to fire someone for being pregnant. Its to be treated like any other illness. Make sure you just have doctors notes for every time you call out and you'll be covered. In NJ they'd have SOME LAWSUIT if they fired anyone for being pregnant. Thats disgusting.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2009