Is this weird?

Im pregnant and i absolutely love the smell of laundry detergent it smells soo good i just want to chew on the cloths lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• To me it sounds weird but maybe it's a common thing, BTW have you seen the Gain detergant commercial about the mans wife craving the smell of GAIN. LOL, you made me think of it!
    Anonymous

• lol no
    Anonymous

• It means you need something. It's called pica.
    I'll PM you some info, if you pm me..
    I can't add links here.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Here is some info I got from:
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/unusualcravingspica.html

What causes pica during pregnancy?

The reason that some women develop pica cravings during pregnancy is not known for certain. There is currently no identified cause; however, according to the Journal of American Dietetic Association there may be a connection to an iron deficiency.

Some speculate that pica cravings are the body's attempt to obtain vitamins or minerals that are missing through normal food consumption. Sometimes pica cravings may be related to an underlying physical or mental illness.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 3:04 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• lol Me too!! I swear I find excuses to do laundry every day. I think it just has to do with nesting. I know I feel so relaxed when the house is filled with that laundry smell which is why all our Wallflowers and candles in the house have been switched to Clean Linens smell.

redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 3:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i actually went out and bought one of those oil burner things and got the cotton scented oil and when ever i burn them it smells just like laundry day! during my morning sickness time it was one of the smells that calmed the sickness down! lol ur not alone! oh and the febreeze clean linen spray is like heaven in a bottle! lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• yep, sounds like pica, you may have a vitamin or mineral deficiancy, just be sure you are taking your vitamins and eating a well rounded diet!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 7:12 AM on Feb. 26, 2009