how do you constructivly handle two teenagers? Mine are short, stop conversation, look at me like im a pain most conserned for appreciation and constructive solutions.

jeskay

Asked by jeskay at 3:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I think what youre saying is that your teens are short with you, wont converse with you and treat you like youre a pain? I can totally relate. My teen is quite the pill sometimes. She knows that she has to at least try to pretend that she likes me and I am cool because I have all the money and the power...LOL...I do sometimes wonder if shes from another planet. She generally thinks I am uncool and know nothing. Its okay because I know more than she does and one day...she will see it too. I will always be smarter than her because I am the mom.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• How old are your teens mama? I'm not trying to be rude..but, I think a little more info is needed here. Are they short with each other or just you? I knew as my dd approached the teen years...we were in for a bumpy ride.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 3:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• All teens are like this dont you remember? I thought i knew everything and my mother was the dumbest person on the planet, then i had my son and realised 99% of the time she was always right and she knew way more about parenting then i did, its funny she's the one i call every time i have a problem with my boys. They dont get it now because its all about them but give it time, just keep doing your best one day you'll get the respect you deserve momma!
    emily_w

Answer by emily_w at 11:49 AM on Feb. 26, 2009