Work At Home

What is the best way to earn a livable amount of income from home? I've not had any luck finding anything that isn't some scam.

Poopie08

Asked by Poopie08 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you want something that will support your family, it will have to be a home business. A home job will not pay you that much and there are very few of them out there. A home business will always require an investment and will take time to build but after a few years, you will be making more than a fulltime income from home! I wish you luck and let em know if you would like some help on your search! I searched for a long time to find my perfect fit and it is my mission to help other moms do the same:-)
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 11:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• There are a couple things you can do.

Try and see if Teletech is hiring. They are an actual job. You will have taxes taken from you check they have 401k etc. It is customer service from home. I worked for them doing customer service for dell about 2 years back. With things being so tight out there they may not have openings.

Or ChaCha just started hiring again. I could help you get set up. People text ChaCha a question and you log into their site and answer it. You can get paid monthly by direct deposit as long as you hit $100 or you can get the ChaCha debit card.

It is fun and easy. I have been with them since 2006. I saw them talking about the company on Good Morning America. Back then people could only ask questions in a chat online now they can text, call or ask them online!

PM me if you have any questions!

Remember NEVER pay to work at home.....
    iluvmypreemies

Answer by iluvmypreemies at 3:06 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

•  

I'm using 2 different work at home companies that you might want to check out. They're both free. http://y5b.org and http://g88.info

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 3:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I do ChaCha when I can and love it. I posted a journal entry about it here if you want to read more: ChaCha Is Hiring Again! Yipee!

tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 3:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in my "Working Mom Entrepreneurs" group here on Cafemom.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Hi there!! It took me a long time to discover that there are very few legitimate jobs online!! However, there are lots of great companies that you can work with as an Independent Contractor or Rep. Make sure if you are looking into a business that the company is not a "start up" and that they have great training and support. There are alot of perks to having a business vs. a job: Flexible Schedule (very important!!, tax deductions, unlimited income potential, and alot of times residual income (passive income)!! I searched for months before I found the company I have been with now for over a year. We offer services that people actually need, which is sooo wonderful;-) I love what I do and keep the faith that you will find something that fits your needs and that you truly enjoy!! Let me know if need some advice or info;-) JBoyles@ameriplan.net
    wahmofone

Answer by wahmofone at 4:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I'm a single work at home mom and have tried everything! The combo that works well for me, keeps me at home with my son, and keeps my bills paid believe it or not is Avon and Mark and Usborne Books. I sell both at once and it goes perfectly. You can sign up for Avon at www.youravon.com/dhullum for $10 and Usborne http://ubah.com/ecommerce/recruitingSpecial.asp?sid=U2688&gid=72688401 for $49 +shipping and handling you get a ton of stuff to start your business there. Both are really easy sales because in this economy a woman will buy a $5 lipstick and $10 worth of educational books for their kids. Its all affordable. It only took me about 3 months to really get things going and now 90% of my income comes from people buying straight from my website. Mostly repeat business. I bought all of my business cards, postcards, stamps etc and got them for free *you only pay shipping* at www.vistaprint.com Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Do you Love scented candle? I'm sure you do. Or do any of your friends or family love candles? Now everyone you know can be your customer as you offer your candles through your own business. You will earn money from each sale. Plus get free products!

Right now you can sign up for $24.99 with Gold Canyon Candles. You also can sign up for website for free this month. I would love to show you how. We are experiencing fast-paced growth and you can be a part of it.

How can I sell?
    Online, person-to-person, parties, fundraisers, and at fairs or expos.

Do I have to carry inventory?
    No

Want more info?
    Visit www.mygc.com/ksroyal for additional details and to see the products. You can get started right away by clicking on the "Join Us" link

If you have any questions just contact me katiesevans@yahoo.com

Hope to talk with you soon!!
    katiesroyal

Answer by katiesroyal at 11:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• If you want to look into a business oppurtunity, check out www.MomisHealthy.com

The Mom Team is a group of supportive Moms helping other moms to work from home, There is no selling, stock, or inventory!
    mi_amore_

Answer by mi_amore_ at 11:24 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/reps/staci1228.php
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2009