BF moms who think FF is just being lazy... Did you ever stop to consider the EXTRA things FFing moms have to do?

Not meant to inflame others, I just want to know if you have really thought about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Not only are these formula bashers completely ignorant, but they're also narcissistic and not to be listened to. You can't rationalize with an irrational person.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 9:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Like your finger nails? Im not understanding. Are you ASSuming all breastfeed moms dont work?
    Anonymous

• I don't think FFers are lazy, but I definitely respect those you at least tried to BF more than those that didn't... but to answer your question, I don't know how FFers deal with all those bottles and nipples and carp all day and every day!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I was a BF and a FF mom. Both take time and energy. You still have to wake up in the middle of the night for feedings. You still have to take the time to feed them. I am so tired of this "I'm better than you because I _____." Everyone can make their own choice on how to care for their child and what to feed them. Not everyone is able to BF, whether it's due to something with the mother or the baby, it's no one's fault. It's okay to chose to FF, even if you could have BF. It's your choice. I hate questions like this!! They are only meant to cause a controversy.

Anonymous

• No I am not assuming that BF mothers dont work, did I say that? I am well aware of the things that happen to feed a child BF or FF
    Anonymous

• Who cares what extra things FF moms have to do. I have done both so I consider myself both. I have been on both sides of the fence. I just do what I want without defending my position or trying to get others to SEE why I did this or that. I just don't care what others think about my choice. I really don't. They don't know everything and every detail and none of the "studies" done would make me change my choices. I don't get why moms are SO insecure.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• What extra things do we have to do? Really? Formula feeding took me an extra 15 minutes out of each day to make the formula, wash the bottles and fill the bottles for the next day. FIFTEEN minutes.

What "extra" things?

I'm a formula feeder and am truly growing weary of this kind of crap....if you're that insecure that this stuff bothers you then it's YOUR problem. Don't lump all formula feeders into your little world.
    Anonymous

• I've thought of it. Makes me wonder why ff moms say they didn't wanna bf cause it was "too much work". The reason is still lazy. The extra work of packing formula, washing bottles, mixing bottles, etc still doesn't benefit the baby. So it doesn't really change my opinion. Most moms think it's easier cause OTHERS can feed the baby, mix the formula, wash the bottles, etc and that frankly is lazy. More moms need support in other areas when baby's born like meals, housework, etc. Not just "leave the baby and a bottle with me so you can rest or get some work done".
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I had to FF, but thought it would have been soooo much easier to just have it all ready to go and never forget anything at home! Cannot accidentally walk out the door without your breasts!
    Anonymous

• I wasnt aware that i lump FF mother into a world, I was asking BFing mothers a question. And maybe it only takes u 15 minutes, but I also take the time to boil my childs bottles and nipples and libs to ensure sterlization. Everything I do with her bottles probably takes me an hour out of each day and that also doesnt include feeding time
    Anonymous