13 Weeks and grossed out

I am 13 weeks pregnant and raw meat makes me gag. I cant even go to the store to buy food for my family because i see it. i cant cook it or even be in the kitchen when my husband cooks it. And my husband can NOT cook, so therefore i dont eat it. Any way to get past this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Itll pass. In a couple months if you still have this problem then I dont know what to say. Alot of things made me want to gag early on and then it passed. If it doesnt I guess you can always become vegatarians.

Answer by gemgem at 3:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Different things gross different people out when they are pregnant. I absolutely could not stand the smell of milk for quite a long time. Makes for a hard time feeding your kids breakfast. It will pass. Just get through it as best as you can. Sorry there is no real solution that I can think of.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 3:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• raw meat makes me gag when I'm not pg.
    Anonymous

• It's just your body trying to protect itself against things that could make you sick. I was the same way, and yes, it passed. Hang in there!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I have yet to find one :( the same thing happens to me. Even if DH cooks it the smell of it cooking makes me sick, trying to clean the pans afterwards is even worse. And most of the time, if I think I can eat I take one bite and throw up. Its terrible. Its chicken too :( And I was a huge med. rare steak person before this, it was all I ever ate. I'm losing weight like crazy and hubby is packing on the lbs from eating my portions.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 4:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Hopefully it'll pass, but I still can't handle meat cooked or not and I'm 18 weeks. I tried to ban it from the house but nobody listens to me. I make dh bring me other food and eat in the bedroom with the door shut so I don't have to smell it or see it. GL.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 5:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I got morning sickness only if I ate fruits or veggies... and I LOVE fruits and veggies... I found out that morning sickness is your body's way of keeping you from ingesting or digesting foods that could be harmful to the baby.. I guess plants produce a chemical to keep bugs and fungus from eating or destroying them
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 5:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I am 13 weeks also and I feel the same way. I can eat meat at someone elses house as long as its cooked before i get there or I can eat it at a restaurant. My husband can cook but I do all of the grocery shopping and can't buy it so I honestly don't remember the last time we have had any meat. I feel so bad for you, I thought it was just me. Good Luck!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 6:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2009