What do I do for ringworm on the scalp? Can I use an antifungal cream or fingernailpolish? Please help!!

My daughter is 4 years old and she has a ring like scab on her head

Mommyoffour68

Asked by Mommyoffour68 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Health

• I would go to the doctor or call and ask the pharmacist.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• If its in the scalp you need to take her to the Dr. She will probably need some oral antibiotics for several weeks. it can make their hair fall out as well. so take her and they can tell you for sure if its ringworm.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I agree with the pp - I would be very careful about putting anything like that on her scalp without talking to the dd or the pharmacist.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My son had it on his arm I used tea tree oil from the health food store. It worked, Just have to be sure to do it daily
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Try Tea Tree Oil but do not get in eyes. Also, grapefruit seed extract. could work well. Both are natural and they work. But, never ever use finger nail polish on your child's scalp. this is so toxic and will absorb into his blood. also toxic antifungal creams should not go on his/her scalp either. Go natural. natural remedies work and are much safer.

MaryElle

Answer by MaryElle at 6:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2009