Organization Ideas...

Ladies, I would love to know how well your organized. How do you stay on top of bills and your system of filing and paying. Do you use alot of online banking and automatic withdrawals? How do you stay on top of things?

heavenschild99

Asked by heavenschild99 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have a bin at the front door that all mail goes in. One slot for stuff to keep and one for bills. Every couple says I organize bills by due date. And every Sunday I go through and pay what is coming up. You could also make a list of all your usual bills and when they are due so that you can stay on top of it.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I pay all my bills the first day of the month. Obviously you need to be a little ahead financially to do this, but it saves me a lot of stress. I keep the "budget plans" for my electric and gas so I know what to pay every month. Our checks are direct deposited into our savings, and I just transfer over what we need for bills and a little extra for entertainment into the checking. I don't spend more than I transfer over so I know the savings is getting its share...when the money is gone out of the checking, its gone for the month.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• online banking...excel spreadsheet..that was before..now...i just pay when i get a bill...
    ZARA81

Answer by ZARA81 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2009