Is it possible?

When it came time for my son to be born I was checked every week and no dilation or effacing. My dr said it would take a stick of dynamite to get me to open up. I was wondering (after talking to now pregnant friends) if it was possible that I could have dilated/effaced later on. I really really wanted to have a vaginal birth but had to have a c-section instead. I was wondering bc later this year I'm going to TTC again and if anyway possible I'd like to have a vbac but if not possible then it's alright if I have to have another c-section.

SouthALMommy

Asked by SouthALMommy at 3:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i seen a web site and it said that over 50 percent of women that have a c-section go on the have a vaginal birth. so talk to your doctor and start taking prenantal vitamins before you try.
    Anonymous

• VBAC is something that you have to discuss with your DR. If they feel it is safe for you then they will allow it. Otherwise you will be having another c-section. Wish you luck. A lot of Dr's now a days will allow you to try to have a VBAC, but I would ask your DR how they feel.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 3:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Why did you have a c-section? You don't have to be dilated or effaced before labor at all. You can go from 0-10 cm in a couple of hours but you can also walk around a couple of cm dilated for many weeks..it doesn't mean anything.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 3:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My doctor will do vbac's but my main question I'm wondering is...was it really necessary to have a c-section. It wasn't an emergency c-section even though my fluid had dropped and my bp went up. I was in labor for 2 weeks and all the contractions felt like was my son was doing headstands in my tummy. They hadn't done anything for me (the contractions) as of the time at which I went in the hospital but I'm wondering why my dr would have chosen a section instead of trying to induce me (which he said he could have). I guess this is all questions I need to ask him.
    SouthALMommy

Answer by SouthALMommy at 3:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2009