Are you a military wife? Has anyone thanked you recently?

I just want to take a moment to say thank you to any families that read this, that make this sacrifice for our country. I know it can't be easy, I know you have to make an extra effort every day. You are Mom, Dad, and worried wife/strong wife EVERY SINGLE DAY. Your family makes this sacrifice every day for all of our families and for our country. Thank you. If there were any other way I could say thank you I would do it, but I don't know another way to thank you for all you do. I pray for you and your families all the time. I've just been think about you all a lot lately and I wanted to say something.

I posted this in "Just for Fun" but thought I'd reach more of you if I posted in here as well.

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 3:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow! Thank you!

It is truly an honor for me to be a military wife. I know it is my husband that puts his life on the line for the freedoms we hold dear, but it is me that holds our little family together so he has no worries while he does it. We are proud to to serve this country we hold dear.

Thanks again OP, you made my day.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Sometimes people do and its great.they dont see what we go threw. I have also gotten a bunch of crazy looks also. My husband will be deploying this summer and i just had our second child. I feel selfish to say im scared to do it alone when he has to go over seas :(

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I want to Thank my old doctor for all his hard work! :)

Anonymous

• I can't recall being thanked too much over the years but my husband gets thanked often.
    It's nice to see he's appreciated. He could be out of the military making 5x more than he does but he's proud to be american and serve.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 3:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Ryanlynn I hope you have lots of family around you so you won't be truly alone. I'll say a prayer for you.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 3:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I have been thanked in the past. Sometimes it's very honest and sincere, sometimes it's more like a pity party--which neither of us need. It was his job, he went and did it, we deal with life as a Veteran everyday. I appreciate the thank you & thank all the other people who do their important jobs everyday too.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My daughter-in-law got married a year before last November. They were almost immediately pregnant (apparently her ex-husband lied about the medical tests and she was NOT unable to get pregnant ! :-) ) They were ecstatic about the baby, as were we all. But it took four months to get things squared away for her to move north where he was in a training. Baby gets born, and a month later they get orders for where he'll be stationed. So they pack up & move from Virginia to San Diego, CA. After 2 weeks there, he has to leave for Missouri for a 3-month training. So she's in a new house, knows noone, with a 3-month-old. (We live 12 hours away, so we can't visit very often). Now he's home again and working full-time in San Diego, BUT in 2 weeks he leaves for the mountains for snow survival training for 2 months. (He hates this, but it's his job.)

Yeah, military wives deserve our respect !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Thanks Momma!!
    AirForceMommy2J

Answer by AirForceMommy2J at 4:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• IK am an Army mom. My son and his wife are both soldiers. They both just retruend from Iraq 3 weeks ago. I am also the wife of a Veteran. Thanks for posting this.
    Anonymous

• I am a veteran's wife of 34 years and once in a while he gets thanked but I don't. He always gets remembered however by our business Amway Global.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2009