• In the Spotlight:

Do you have a work boyfriend?

It's funny were I work there are all men. Seriously there are only three other women where I work not including me. Two of those women I have very little contact with. So my main contacts are with the guys and today one of them said he was my work boyfriend. I thought that was funny. Do any of you have a work boyfriend?

ednakrabapple

Asked by ednakrabapple at 3:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• there is a guy at work that told me if i decide to "fornicate" with anyone but my hubby he better be the first one i go to. LOL creepy? much
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Right now I am staying home with my son so.... I guess Rick Sanchez is my work buddy, he's on twitter. (He's a CNN anchor for those of you who don't watch TV at 3:00 in the afternoon).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 3:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Uh, no. I think he's hitting on you.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I had a work husband at the last job I worked at. My actual dh used to tease me about it all the time. He was a nice guy and we had a lot in common so it made the day go by faster to talk and joke with him. I told him my dh called him my at work hubby and he thought that was pretty funny.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 3:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No he wasn't these guys are like my family now. Right after I started working here I got preggo so they were with me through all of that and they know my hubby so he was just being funny.

Yes Ash that is creepy : )
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 3:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Nope, but my hubby used to be my boss! lol
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Eww, Krazyash!

That is funny, Edna!

No, I don't have a work boyfriend. There is an older gentleman who makes a point of saying hello to me, but he's just very outgoing.

Answer by Bmat at 3:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No, but I tease my husband about his work "spouse". She is a life saver though. She takes the heat off me sometimes and she understands his uniqueness.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No not really, I have an 18 year kid that hits on me all the time and is always acting like I'm the hottest thing he's ever seen, like when I bend over to pick something up he'll say "omg woman" under his breath. But he's just a big flirt.

Unfortunately, I did have a work 'boyfriend' once. Not a mistake I intend on making again. Be very careful, even the most innocent people who would never think they would make a mistake like that can open that door up just enough to let the temptation in. Very very slippery slope.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• You said it, munch12502!! Mixing work and personal is NEVER good. My last ex was my boss and married when I went to work for him. He started chasing me, divorced his wife, began calling my husband and telling him that I was cheating (I WASN'T!!) until it broke up my marriage, then the guy wanted me to marry him. He chased me for four years until I finally told him I'd marry him just to prove that it wouldn't work ~~ and it didn't!! (told him so!!)
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2009