how can I get my 4 year old daughter to sleep alone in her bed.

my daughter has been sleeping in our bed since she was born I know it's completly my fault but I want it to end.

tmlong

Asked by tmlong at 3:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i have never had this problem, so i could be wrong. however, i would try sleeping in her bed with her (not your bed) for a week (shorter or longer however you feel she reacts) that way she will start to get comfortable in her own room & bed and still feel secure having your there. Next i would try maybe laying on her floor or somehow being in the room without being in her bed for a week (shorter/longer,etc.). after that i would try working your way out of the room. if she comes into your room after you are having her sleep by herself in her own bed, just gently walk her back make her comfortable, and go back to bed.

this is what i would try. like i said, someone else might have better advice....but maybe this will help. good luck!
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• have you tried a "friend"? a friend is a stuffed animal of her choice. It really helps my son when he wants to sleep with me.
    ladyheather900

Answer by ladyheather900 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My daughers father died when she was 20 months old and we took up this habbit. I went and got 3 differant nightlights she can choose from. She can pick one night time toy or animal. And I know parents shouldn't she has a tv/dvd player she gets ONE cartoon for QUIET TIME. The rule is that she must stay in her bed while the cartoon is playing. When she comes out, I talk to her, kiss and hug her, pat her butt and send her back to her bed. This goes on for about an hour and she falls asleep. She sneaks into my room about 1-2 nights a week but it works.
    motherabc

Answer by motherabc at 9:08 AM on Feb. 26, 2009