is Fish Oil vitamins safe to take while your trying to conceive?

ANy information anyone knows would be helpful. I know your suppose to stay away from fish. But, just checking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i just did some research and here is what i found i copied and pasted it. it was on a health medical webpage i just google "can i take fish oil during pregnancy"

If you are pregnant, or trying to become pregnant, you should not take fish oil supplements, particularly those that contain fish liver oil. This is because fish liver oil supplements, such as cod liver oil, contain high levels of vitamin A, which can be harmful to a developing baby.

so thats what i found.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I assume you take them for the Omega 3 (or is it 6). I know you can get that in flaxseed, too.

I seem to remember being told to stay away from the fish oil when I was pregnant.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• You can get the nutrients from plant-based oils too. Try looking in the health food store for one called "Udo's 3-6-9 Oil Blend". It has a nutty taste and is easier to get down than fish oil. You can read more at:  http://udoerasmus.com/products/oil_blend_en.htm

halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• You need to stay away from Mercury not really the fish itself. Most prenatal vitamins (which you should start when TTC if you are having trouble) contain DHA now and that is omegas from fish oil. DHA helps you baby's brain grow better.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 12:13 AM on Feb. 26, 2009