any food ideas for a picky 2 year old

hot_mami121

Asked by hot_mami121 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• What will her/she eat currently?
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Our son loves bacon, peas, baked beans, cheese, milk. But hates, carrots, salad, spicy things.

I guess he's not a picky eater, much. There's some things he doesn't eat the first 10 times we try it on him, but on the 11th, he's warming up to them.

So I'd say just keep offering the new things he supposedly doesn't like along with his favorites. If he sees the new foods often enough maybe he won't be so suspicious of giving it a chance, and it might make it to the new favorites list.

I've also heard it's best to not force them to try something. Just set it in front of them and leave them alone. Let them think it's their idea to eat it and like it.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• try those smile's potatoe things in the freezer section.
    momoffive07

Answer by momoffive07 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My little one is also picky so I've been "sneaking" veggies into her food. It's been working great! I simply steam and puree veggies, pour them into ice cube trays and freeze them. Then whenever I'm going to make her something I remember to take out some cubes ahead of time and I just add them right to it. I try to use veggies that match in color...like califlower or carrot puree in mac and cheese. I also make her alot of fruit smoothies. She thinks it's fun because she gets to use a straw. I put yogurt, some fruit, maybe some veggie puree, a little milk, and some flaxseed in it. They come out real yummy :) Kids that age like food that's fun, so using cookie cutters to cut out fun shapes from sandwiches, jello, or anything else you can think of works great. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2009