Need a creative punishment can anybody help?

My daughter threw a piece of chicken at her teacher in the lunch room. She got ISS but she still thinks this was funny. So I need a creative punishment that will teach her this isn't funny. I really chose punishments carefully and try to teach a lesson with each one so they are more like learning experiences not just sit in your room for a few days and waiste time. Usually I assign essays on related topics but I think this one needs a little more. If it helps she is a normal functioning 12 year old about to turn 13 in a few weeks. She knows better.

babyfat5

Asked by babyfat5 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Im sorry that kinda made me laugh. Maybe you can buy a bunch of chicken and have her clean them and make fried chicken the old fashion way so she sees its hard to make and doesnt throw it anymore.

Answer by gemgem at 3:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I'd have her write an essay on:

"Why it's important to respect authority"

and go with her to give it to the teacher she chucked chicken at.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i think that she needs to write her teacher an apology. make it atleast a page. in the letter, not only should she apologise but she should also explain to the teacher why she was wrong for throwing food and come up with some ways to better express herself in the future. then she should have to give it to her teacher.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Wow, I hope my daughter isn't her friend!! no j/k

Ok I know lets think of a good punishment for her.
    Ok what does she like most??
    I would think about having her apologize to the teacher for sure, that way she will think twice before she does that again. I am trying to think what I would do to my daughter. She is like the exact same age!!!! I will ask hubby to he is always good a this lol!!! Ya my kids like me better lol!!!
    momoffive07

Answer by momoffive07 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Oh she sure did write an apology to the teacher before I even told her too. But still thinks it is funny and yeah it is but I'm not telling her that! I mean how many of us never wanted to throw something at a teacher? I know I had a few that I wanted to smash up side the head with some mashed potatoes! But that teacher is there to do a job not get chicken thrown at her! This teacher has really gone out of her way throughout the year to help her improve her grade and this is what she got and that is why it bothers me so much.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I agree with writing the apology to the teacher and have her read it aloud in front of the class. Not only did she show terrible disrespect to a teacher but she wasted food. It sounds stupid but that is a huge no no in my house. If it was my child She would do the above apology letter read aloud to the class plus work in a food kitchen or food bank for a weekend or two.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• But Mommie that is a good one with the food bank I'm going to look into that! I know there are not food kitchens in the area but several churches do have food banks I'm going to make some calls.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Sorry but it is kind of funny!! No really tho-I'd be pissed too, that is really disrespectful.
    I like the food bank idea too, and I agree that it a HUGE no-no in our home, we DO NOT waste food. On the other hand, I don't know if wasting the food or the disrespect is a bigger issue. I would not only have had her apologize, but maybe in front of a lot of her peers? I know with my kids they'd be so humiliated just to have to do that, and the humility would also show her how what she did made that teacher feel the same way. Just a thought.
    7mom1977

Answer by 7mom1977 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I agree! Have your daughter apologize to her teacher! But before you have her do that! have her write an essay why it's not o.k to treat a teacher the way she did. In long hand writing! You could also take way her cell phone use and the computer and any other high tech stuff that she uses for more punhisment too! that way you get the word across for her never to do that again! And also take away her driving too!
    babyboomer1957

Answer by babyboomer1957 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• The chicken throw is amusing but what isn't funny is not only that it's incredibly disrespectful but that it's really humiliating. I'd put her in a position to learn about humiliation and how awful that can be. Then take her to a soup kitchen and show her that someone else would have happily eaten the chicken!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2009