• In the Spotlight:

what are your thougth on binge drinking with teens and adult children between the ages of 15-20? What could be done to stop them?

Binge drinking

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Binge drinking can kill. You can report adults for providing minors with alcohol. Binge drinking is a sign of alcoholism. One can get drunk once a year and be an alcoholic---it doesn't take daily or weekly drinking to be a drunk. Go to Al-Anon and learn to get your life back so you are not trying to control the drinking or it controlling you. Learn about addiction at the Grapevine.com or Hazelden.com.

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I think that if you find a child in that age group drinking you should first Tell them that you Love them. Then lower the boom. Mandatory AA meetings 1 or2 or more a week for 3 months. I say that many right off becase I figure by the time you catch them they have already been doing it for some time. While they are doing that take them some place where people are dying from the side effects of drug and alcohol abuse. My youngest child saw her Dad die at 15 from the side effects of stuff he did between 15 and 27. It wasn't fun. But she doesn't drink, or smoke pot or other drugs. Not even cigarettes. It's effective. When they finish they should write a major paper on the effects of alcohol and drugs on the body. If they ever drink again then you should call police. Which of course you explain to them after the first time they are caught.

granmaw56

Answer by granmaw56 at 5:21 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I don't know. I started drinking at 15 and by 17 I was binge drinking. I would drink until I passed out. I am surprised it never killed me, I am a lightweight. My friends would drink tons more. I will educate my kids about drinking and the dangers of it so they don't bringe drink in their teens, or drink period.
    Anonymous

• Binge drinking can be incredibly dangerous for a person of any age.

My first question would be how are they acquiring the alcohol if they are under aged? One way to stop them would be to find out how they are getting it and...put a stop to it.

jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 3:36 AM on Mar. 6, 2009