what do i do about 5 yearold girl poo in pants evey day 3 or 4 time a day wont go to bathroom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Was she originally potty trained??? If so, I would try talking to her...At 5 this is not normal. Is this your child as well?
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 4:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I would talk to the childs pediatrician, this is not average behavior for a five year old.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 4:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• First, how much poop are we talking about? Does she have full bowel movements in her pants or is it just a little bit?
    If it's full bowel movements, you need to see if you can find out why. Is she afraid of the potty? Does she not feel the urge to go or that she is going? Has she been traumatize in some way?
    If it's just a little bit, you need to determine if it's encopresis. One of the main causes is constipation. The child is always blocked up and either a little bit of poop escapes around the large, blocking mass or a little bit of poop escapes the child's iron control of her bowels.

Either way, talk to your doctor. There is a problem here and I really doubt it is laziness or that she likes being dirty. Until you find out what the problem is, please don't punish. If she can't control it, punishment will make it worse. Talk to your doctor ASAP. Go to a specialist if needed.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• it could be issues with the school restroom. have you talked to her teacher about anything that might going on at school. I know my son was being teased and felt uncomfortablew using the school bathroom for a while. I would also, as said before, contact your pedi.
    Motricks68

Answer by Motricks68 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I would first say that is this child non-special needs? for that can be a whole new ball game..

and talk to your childs Dr for this could be something medical or behavioral..

good luck!
    Lady_Rhia

Answer by Lady_Rhia at 7:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Just check Does she take much interest in her play time.some kids like to play much and they dont want to go toilet.
    Deepal

Answer by Deepal at 9:35 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• BM in pants? Or strekz? Like she has trouble wiping??? Now she could also be scared to ask to go to the bathroom, do they not give her enough time??? There are so many diff things...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If she is developmentally on track and she just isn't wiping well enough, get her flushable wipes (generic at wal-mart cost 1.27 for 30 wipes) and have her use those after BMs. Teach her again how to wipe and teach her to keep looking at what she wipes until it's clean on the wipe. It sounds disgusting, but until they get it through their head to keep wiping, they'll do it once and think that's enough. I have 9,6 &4 year olds that all used to leave streaks until I bought those wipes.
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 1:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• When my 6 year old started having this problem I took her to her pediatrician. Her doc ordered an xray of her belly and it showed just how constipated she was! Turns out she was soooo constipated that the bowels were all stretched out and she couldn't feel it when she needed to poop. The doc told us to give her a regular adult dose of mirilax once a day for a week and to limit constipating foods and increase her fiber. At the time she was eating mac and cheese for lunch frequently because it was her favorite food. Turns out the cheese in the mac and cheese is a constipating food. Bananas and rice can be constipating too. I was told that sometimes food allergies can cause the poop acidents problem too.
    AprilD32

Answer by AprilD32 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• hhhhmmmmm, if she is not special needs and you already checked with her dr..... STOP TELLING HER SHE HAS TO USE THE POTTY!! SOME KIDS DON'T LIKE BEING PUSHED INTO NEW ROUTINES OR SCARY ONES! I had a similar issue, except my daughter would hold in everything!!! the 3rd day of potty training and the I AM NOT GOING battle, we went to the dr, and she suggested i stop bugging her... the next day although it was really hard going on to the 10th hour of the I AM NOT GOING BATTLE she decided that she need to sit on the potty......
    ramirezmami

Answer by ramirezmami at 7:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2009