How do you know and practice love in your marriage?

A) As a "feeling"

B) As a responsability

aMbeR012005

Asked by aMbeR012005 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• It is a feeling and a responsibility And i have to look at it as such bc my husband is overseas. I do love him. I feel it in my heart. But if i fail to express that when he needs it the most i am failing him. So it is also my responsability.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Wow, he is very blessed to have you! You both are !

I personally think its a resonsability in a marriage...but of course the faeeling would just be a bonus...but not required all the time..

What i mean is, even in the rough times, what do you feed from, the feeling, or knowing you have a responsability
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• For me it is a nice feeling in the easy times and sometimes you have to make yourself hang onto it in the hard times. Overall it is a feeling for me. As a feeling it is subject to change. Therein lies the issue. When the feeling changes can you truly bring it back due to responsibility. I don't want to be in an obligatory relationship, and I don't want anyone to be with me because they have to. There are times you might not want to have the relationship, but you hang on due to the responsibility. then there are times that the feeling is gone, long gone and then I think ou just need to quit as neither person will be happy.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009