Where do you put the car seat?

Right now, i keep the car seat in the middle of the back seat. I am big and pregnant and it is getting harder to get my fat ass in to get her in and out. But i am warry of putting her next to the door. There are so many idiot drivers out there. But then again when i have the other baby, one will have to go by a door. So where do you keep your car seat? And when the other baby is here, which one should go next to a door?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine always went next to the doors. I usually put them on the passenger side door so I can hand them things and see them easier.

Answer by gemgem at 4:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I put my baby in the middle. I dont see why you cant put the older one by the door and when the baby comes put the baby in the middle. Thats what I would do.
    my4kids97

Answer by my4kids97 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I'm the same as gemgem. I started with the little one in the middle, but I'm a tiny girl who isn't very strong. The older he got the heavier he got and the harder it was for me to be able to lift the seat from the middle. so I switched it to the passenger side.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 4:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Started in middle because it is supposed to be safer in case of side impacts. Only goes on the side if I have to fit people in the backseat. I sit down next to the seat, and then put my daughter in. That would be pretty difficult big and preggo though. Do what works best for you.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Oldest goes on the passager side in the back and the baby goes in the middle. After my son was 2 I moved him from the middle of the back seat to the passager side
    MAMMA2DYANDTY

Answer by MAMMA2DYANDTY at 4:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• passenger back side....I like being able to see her in the mirror...I hated her behind the driver seat
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I put my baby in the middle. I think once she gets older (she's 3 months), like when I have to change her from her baby car seat to a toddler one that's when I'll actually put her behind the passenger side. But in your case I would just put the older baby behind the passenger side and then the newborn in middle.

xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 5:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• our son sits in the middle due to the fact that we have side impact air bags in our car... but when we have baby 2 sometime in the future, he will go on the passenger side and the newborn in the middle.. but it depends on your vehicle..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 5:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• OK, I have my children in this order. Drivers side is my daughter, she is 19 months old. Middle is my baby boy, 4 months. Passanger is my 8 year old. We only have her every other weeks. You put the most vulnurable in the middle. Then the next most vulnerable behind the driver. If you get into a crash, the driver will do manuvers to protect themselves not thinking about the child at that time. Recommendation is to put the child behind the driver if a middle seat is not available
    alalsip

Answer by alalsip at 5:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I have twins and had no choice but to put them on each side. You can get the car seats installed by the police department and they will help you make the decision of where to put them.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2009