Is 37 too old to have another baby?

missy573

Asked by missy573 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• No I dont think it is. I know a couple women who didnt have their first until then.

Answer by gemgem at 4:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No. I think no age is perfect to have a baby. So go for it.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 4:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I'm 38 and there is no way I personally could do it.....on man
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No, I think 40 is the age that conception if frowned upon. Research suggest that women who have babies after 40 double the chances of their child having downs. I think you would be fine though. Just make sure to lead a really healthy lifestyle.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 4:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It depends--i don't think its "too old", but you are at risk for higher birth defects and more complications. ---I wanted to be done having kids by age 30, but that was me.
    Lanasmom

Answer by Lanasmom at 4:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I had my first at 40. Just so happens I scooted in just under the goal year we set.

We started trying at 35. If I knew it would take that long, I would have started closer to 30.

I do think it is important to keep in mind the chart that shows birth defects and how they rise in older moms.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:46 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• no its not to old. your in good health & intend to take good care of the baby...right? then if you can take care of financially, emotionally, & physically...GO FOR IT! I was a mother at 17, 24, 29, 34, 39! ALL beautiful healthy, wonderful children! And i must say im a better mother with my last two than my first two. older, wiser, stablier, everything...much better. dont get me wrong, my two oldest didnt suffer any, its just i grew as they grew & im better with my last two because of it...Good luck & god bless! I do it again, but im almost 50! LOL...but dont tell my hubby, ive got him convienced im still 22 and he can still try...if he wants to...LOL!.
    Anonymous

• I would not want to start that late personally but I do not think that is "too old" to have a child. If you are in good health with a family history of good health I say go for it. As long as that is what you want who is any one to say differently

MAMMA2DYANDTY

Answer by MAMMA2DYANDTY at 4:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No, I had #3 at 41 and #4 at 42.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i had one at 35 and one at 37. im often more tierd than i think i should be, and the pregnancies were harder, but i was definately more ready than i would have been earlier in life.
    kelinnh

Answer by kelinnh at 5:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2009