do you or did you take a nap during a day when you had a new born?

and when did you stop?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did.
    I think it tapered off when he started sleeping six hours straight-when he was four months old.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I did when he did... then i just got tired of not sleeping at night.. So when i went back to work is when i stopped.. I bet i did take them for a week maybe...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I talked to the doctor about being exhausted all the time, and he said when the baby sleeps, I should sleep. But during the day that may have been fine in theory, but I never got a nap. I guess I was busy doing laundry or cleaning or cooking. I felt less exhausted when the baby started sleeping all night, so if I had been able to nap, I probably wouldn't have needed it after that.

Answer by Bmat at 4:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i did for probably a month or 2. i wish i could now, 'cause my 6 mon. old doesn't sleep through the night, but now i have to work.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Yep all the time. I sleep when they sleep.

Answer by gemgem at 4:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I didn't, but I got pretty lucky my daughter started sleeping through the night since she was 3 weeks old. I'm serious too, lol but for those 3 wks I would sleep when she slept. But I only took cat naps.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 4:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Always...its the only way could stay healthy and sane. It stopped around 3 months when she started sleeping longer at night..or at least she fell back asleep when she woke up to nurse.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I never had time to nap. I was always cleaning or something. And now im a fulltime mom and work full time. I have no time for naps. But if you have the time then take advantage of it...
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 5:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• my son is 7 mo. old and i still nap when he does sometimes.
    Anonymous

• oh you bet i took a nap during the day when my newborn son did.. it was great.. i stopped at about one month, he was such a great sleeper.. and by the time he was 2 months he was sleeping all night, so i was able to get a lot of sleep...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 5:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2009