Is this normal?????????

I have swelling of my feet, ankles, and calves. This just happened overnight. The swelling is so bad that even when laying down, my legs are on fire or numb.When I walk, it is even worse. I know swelling is normal during pregnancy but is THIS normal??? I'm in a lot of pain and it doesn't feel right....

moms1stprincess

Asked by moms1stprincess at 4:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would talk to your doc but in the eman time maybe take a bath and the prop your feet up on pillows good luck!!
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• When my swelling started it seemed to happen overnight too. I would just take it easy, prop up your feet. It might feel good to get something cold on whatever is swollen. If you are still in a lot of pain even after you take it easy for a night I would give your DR a call.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 4:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• If you swell up fast for no apparent reason, call your doctor.. could be a sign or pre-eclampsya
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 5:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• You should probably call your doctor. It could be nothing, or it could be pre-e. Better safe than sorry.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 5:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Okay, so I don't have my ob's number because she won't give it to me. In this case, they have an on call person to contact at the hospital. I call this number and directed to a doctor. I tell him the swelling came out of no where and it was in my hands, wrists, feet, ankles, calves and also accompanied by an extreme headache that also came out of no where. His answer??? We are full up on the l & d floor, unless this is an emergency I will not see you tonight. Wth?!?!??!!!! I know swelling is normal during pregnancy but my doctor was worried about me and this swelling doesn't help my case.
    moms1stprincess

Answer by moms1stprincess at 4:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• By the way, thank you to all you wonderful ladies for easing my mind!!! You ladies are fabulous!!!!
    moms1stprincess

• Well, I just had my baby on the 11th of march. She was 7 weeks premature. Turns out, the swelling was pre eclampsia. If i wouldn't have gone in on the 6th, It would have turned into eclampsia and we both wouldn't have made it. A 6 day labor! lol Thank you ladies for the advice!
    moms1stprincess

Answer by moms1stprincess at 11:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2009