Does anyone have or had UTI infections?

If you have or had this infection,how do you get rid of it/

debfrpa

Asked by debfrpa at 5:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Health

• if you have the infection you need to go to the doctor because it can spread to your kidneys and cause even more infections, but to help clear it up i recommend you drink lots of water and cranberry juice but GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• you need antibiotics and increase fluids-Visit your doctor-they will order you a urinalysis to make sure it is nothing else-I would do it in a hurry-those infections can be very painful!
    Goldenbrowny

Answer by Goldenbrowny at 5:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I've went the antibiotic route before, and I prefer not to go that way unless its really bad.

I drink 100% Cranberry juice and take Uristat if its painful. I also take an herbal supplement that includes Uva Ursi, which is key in UTI health. Drink lots of water as well. At the first sign of a UTI, I would take the Cranberry juice and Uva Ursi.
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 5:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Take the Uristat til you can get to the doctor. They will tell you whether you need antibiotics or not (more than likely you do). You do not want to let it go because it can progress to a bladder or kidney infection, both of which I have had and its so much easier to get rid of it as a UTI than either of the other two.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I have one right now. I hate them... You have to go on a percsription for them. Also, take a cranberry supplement pill you get at the health food stores. Drinking cranberry juice will not help prevent them cause of all the sugar in it.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Antibiotics!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2009