How old should my baby be when he starts teething?

My baby has been more fussy than usual lately, and sunday he had a fever and now again today. Not very high just a low grade one. But other than being a lil fussy hes just been spitting up a little more than usual. He will be 3 months old tomarrow. I just dont know if I should take him to the doctor or what... Please help!!!!!!!!

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 5:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teething most often starts between 3 months and 12 months. I personally would take my 3 month old to the doctor with any sign of fever. I think they usually want to to bring them in if the get a fever that young.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• How low grade? Anything under 100.5 is fine. If it is over, take them in. If he has been having it only at night, then it is probably teething. If it is during the day for more then three days, take him in:)
    alalsip

Answer by alalsip at 5:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My son will be 4 months march 10 and he is teething.
    amygirl23

Answer by amygirl23 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My son started teething at about 2.5 months and cut his first tooth just before 5 months. So glad that didn't last long!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2009