Why DO people dislike Sarah Palin so much?

I've heard silly reasons, like she's too conservative, a hunter, too pre-occupied with a large family, etc. But, I'd like REAL, LEGIT, reasons!

Secondly, if you DO NOT like her, have you taken the time to educate yourself about her track record as Governor of Alaska? What is it about her career in politics so far, that makes people think she couldn't do the job any better than some of our past or present VP's or Presidents?

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 5:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think a lot of people think she comes off as uneducated.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I like her and always have. I think its easy to dislike someone when you dont know much about them and she basically came from no where. Who had really heard of her before the election? Not many. Its also easy when you have a herd mentality that unfortunately is growing more common by the dumbing down of out US citizens. Less people actually research people and what they stand for and just go off what the media might say and their friends say.

Answer by gemgem at 5:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I think a lot of people think anyone who doesn't sound like they live in New York or L.A. is uneducated. Bigoted much from the side that is supposed to be SOOOOO open minded.

Anonymous

• She is a hard working mom. SHE IS WHAT WE ARE, well some of us! I don't understand why this country is afraid of an honest woman. She is not a corrupt career politician and genuinely cares about this country instead of pork packages!!!
    Anonymous

• I am sure she is a fine person and a good person. I just question her intelligence.
    Anonymous

• oops. I hit the anon by accident...that was me at 5:23
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 5:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• So then, what other VP or Pres has shown acceptable intelligence? Bush? Clinton? Sorry, but the only intelligence Obama is showing is how to smooth talk, and say "I won!"
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 5:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I think it's just preconceived notions and a lot of jealousy that causes people not to like her. And the fact that the whole election ordeal became a race issue and she was on the "wrong" side.

Anonymous

• Pork package, pork package..bridge to nowhere anyone? The road to nowhere ends in the woods. I smell pork. lots of it. she only decided she didn't want the bridge after she was called out on it..

anyway, he doesn't sound too bright when she speaks but she could just be terrible at interviews..who knows.

not a fan of hers at all but i think it really sucks how her kids were brought into the mix.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 5:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Right now I am not impressed with any politician, and her especially because she didn't win.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 5:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2009