How do I get my 2 1/2 yr old daughter to use the potty??

She will sit on the potty and tell me "mommy pee pee in the potty" but she never goes. No poopies either. Once, I saw her about to start pooping so I ran to the bathroom with her and sat her on the toilet, but she kept it in. She kept telling me to get her a diaper but I just sat her on the toilet...20 mins past by and she didnt go. I've tried bribing her with candy and it doesnt work. Any other suggestions?? Thanks moms :-)

hotmama922

Asked by hotmama922 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try a sticker chart, I'm doing this with my kids. I give them a sticker even when they sit and do nothing. They are sittting and that's a step. They also like to look at the stickers and count them when they go in to potty. And get a variety of stickers, that helps.
    delta139

Answer by delta139 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I finally had enough of pullups and one day just stuck my 2 1/2 yo in real panties, I told she had to use the potty. It was not easy at first and we had alot of messes but 3 days later she was completely potty trained and totally out of diapers.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 8:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• my daughter is mild autisic and loves barney i put her potty chair by the tv and she will sit and watch barney and she does pee pee after she goes i give her a M&M and a sticker we have done this for a few weeks now and she's 21/2 every 2 hrs i take her to the potty and seems to be doing the trick . good luck with your daughter...
    morgynsmom

Answer by morgynsmom at 10:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Thanks ladies! I will try and let you know how it goes!! :-) Wish me luck!
    hotmama922

Answer by hotmama922 at 10:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2009