smells

lull... these past few days i've been soooo nauseated. Everything i smell makes me wanna vomit and it's hard to rest because even if i'm laying down, i always smell something that makes me sick. Does anyone else have this problem? what should i do? By the way, Im 8 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh dear. I was the same way. I had to hold my breath when opening the refrigerator door. :(

Try holding a hanky or washcloth over your nose- something that smells good- either freshly washed in a detergent that you don't mind smelling, or sprayed lightly with a mild cologne. I hope you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 5:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Oh during my entire pregnancy I had a hard time with smells!!! As for what you can do....hold out for one more month..sorry hon and congrats and good luck
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• When I was pregnant, smells were awful! My husband would get so mad at me because I would start throwing up while he was cooking but I just couldn't handle the smells of the food. I just started making note what made me the most sick and tried to avoid it :).
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 5:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• When I was pg with my daughter, I wanted to vomit everytime I smelled beef. It doesn't go away, but you're not alone.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 5:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I've been the opposite for some things. I posted earlier about my love for the smell of the Garage... Mmmmmm... hahahaha.

Chop Suey smell makes me sick though... and the taste.... and I used to LOVE it..
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Besides covering your nose until you have the baby, there's not much you can do except to try to avoid smells that cause you to feel sick.

And sometimes, it doesn't even go away after pregnancy. I haven't eaten eggs in almost 2 years because they smelled so bad while I was pregnant...and I could STILL smell them after I had my youngest DD.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 5:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• o my goodness! That's one of my biggest problems is eggs. eawwwh.
    Anonymous