What's the worst thing you've ever said to a loved one?

I don't mean the nasty snipes that you let fly in the heat of an argument, but in the normal course of life. My mom got cancer ten years ago, and when she called to tell me about it, instead of telling her how sorry I was, I asked her if it was something genetic that I might get later in life. I can't believe I was so selfish!

jburg2541

Asked by jburg2541 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• that sounds like something i would say, i really dont mean it, i mean, i just want to know if i would get cancer, i bet it lingers with you and she might not even remember that you asked that.

i remember when i first was dating my now hubby, we wanted to go somewhere and take the car (it wasnt his car, they shared among 3 other kids) so as we were heading out the door, his dad was like just be careful!! so i was like getting all mad cause it was just a battle trying to go somewhere without them nagging at us, "well you SAID we could go!"

im an idiot! lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I've never actually said it but when hubby and I argue and I say "I'm leaving" (I never actually do) but I always wanna say "And I'm taking our daughter and you'll never see her again" cuz I know that would REALLY get to him, but I never say it cuz I don't want it to come back and bite me in the ass later! Plus it's really childish!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Yep I told my mom I was glad I was a better mother then she could ever hope to have been. Then she said she knew I was and I felt pretty bad for it. She wasnt a bad mom, she was a single mom and I never had alot of time with her and I always held that against her. Then we she got diagnosed with cancer I told her she probably made it up so she wouldnt have to drive me to court. I found out later she hadnt lied about it and in fact and down played it so I wouldnt worry. I felt pretty bad.

Answer by gemgem at 5:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It's a toss up between,

I hate you (said to my dad when I was 15 and he was grounding me)

and/or

when my mom asked me if I thought my dad loves her or not - and I said no. (he used to be a womanizer when I was growing up and just kept hurting my mom)

Both times I wished I'd just kept my mouth shut, because I do love my dad and I know he loves my mom(thought not in the way she deserves.)

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I can't remember saying anything like that while I wasn't angry but omg I say horrible things when I go into a rage.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i told my mother when my father commited suicide that it should have been her...After my dad died she got really heavy into drugs and i was super angry that she wasn't there. I told her that it would hurt less if she were dead at least she would have a good reason for not being around...Of course i felt horrible for saying it but at the time I guess it was how I really felt.
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i hate you!
    Anonymous

• i've told him i thought i married the wrong man but i wanted him to realize how selfish he was being when i asked him to not confuse my daughter with her calling him daddy when he is not her real dad and has one. i felt totally disrespected and felt he was attacking my daughter's well being
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i told my sister she was one huge cum wad that should of been spit out on the wall.
    Anonymous