i think my body just gave up (2 questions)

im 40 weeks and iv been posting alot of questions
but i had been having contractions since the 14th
i went to the doc on monday
and he told me i had an "unfavorable" cervix
well i still had really bad contractions till this morning i woke up
and they are like gone i have not felt one all day
i feel like my body has given up on trying to start labor
can that happen??????
my dad said maybe its good that they stopped
cuz it could be "the calm before the storm"
anyone else think this?????

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, seriously, it could be. With my youngest DD, I was in the very early stages of labor for about a week before the contractions decided to 'stick'.

I'd say you'd better take advantage of this time and get some rest while you can.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 5:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• What you were having is prelabor. Your dad could be absolutely right. Just hold on, your baby will come. I don't think that your body can be incapable of starting labor. I know a very few women do have the problem that they won't progress past a certain point, but even that is EXTREMELY rare. Be patient, and good luck.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 5:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I just wanted to tell you to hang in there and try to get some rest. When I had my DD I was contracting and absolutley miserable for a few weeks before I had her. My dr said that I needed to sleep so my body would put itself into labor. Seriously, it worked. It took her admitting me and giving me a shot of demerol in my butt but there was no inducing. My body did it naturally. Try to sleep and good luck.
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 6:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• that is the same thing that happen with me with my first it was very odd thinking back i was having the contractions for weeks and then all of a sudden they stopped and less then two days latter my water broke and she was here the next morning lol so good luck baby should come soon
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 9:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2009