when do you have a better chance of getting pregnant? before , during, or after your period?

please we are trying to get preggo with #2! any old wives tales on how to have a boy???????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I suggest getting the book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility
    You can get it on Amazon
    It will help you with all your questions and is fun to read

As for your question, it depends on your temperature. If you don't know what I mean, get the book!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• After your period that is when you are most fertile GLstork

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• When I was in the hospital after delivering my son I saw on tv this study showed that women who ate breakfast was more likely to have a boy ;-D I thought it was funny cause my mom and sister didn't eat breakfast and had all girls. I ate breakfast and had a boy ;-D.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 5:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Yes that is a great book! Yeah you have to figure out when you ovulate to know when the best time to conceive is. I charted my temps. And for old wives tales it says to have a girl have sex a few days before you ovulate and to have a boy to have sex the day you ovulate. I kinda believe this only because we had no clue when i ovulated when I got preggo with my girl and with my boys I had sex on the day of ovulation.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 5:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Two weeks after your period/two weeks before you expect your next period, if you have a normal 28-day cycle, because you would ovulate around day 14.

You would have to find out what kind of cycle you have first...and use an ovulation predictor kit.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 6:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• so does the ovulation predictor kits work real good or what?
    JENNIFER_007

Answer by JENNIFER_007 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i got 20 ovulation test from ebay so cheap. they say that when you take the test that you will be ovulating in the next 24 to 36 hours or something to do. it's best to have sex every other day since sperm needs to regenerate it's back to it's full capacity.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• The best time to get pregnant would be cd14-20 days after your cycle starts.I ovulate on cd15. I also do answer opk test.Hope this helps.
    givemeababy

Answer by givemeababy at 9:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• after your period, usually somewhere around the middle but it could be early or later. Take opk tests to see when you ovulate. Boy sperm lives longer then girl so you want to have sex a few days (1-2) before you ovulate so only the male sperm is left when the egg is released.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 12:10 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• typically if your cycles are regular ( 28-31 days) You will ovulate on day 14 or 15.. Which means you start counting on DAY ONE of your Period ( flow).. and then start BD'ing on days 10- 18.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Feb. 26, 2009