Pregnancy test HELP!

Ok so im 5 days late now. I took a prego test a week ago and it came up with a faint positive (I know thats not always a good sign) but I decided to be optimistic. I can't get into the doc for another 10 days and so i took the other test just a few minutes ago and the line was so faint you could hardly tell it was there. I have been urinating like every ten minutes and drinking lots of water. Could that be why it came up that way? After 5 days shouldn't of it been darker or should I have done it in the morning? This will be my thrid pregnancy but my second child I miscarried the last pregnancy but I have very distinct signs my body gives me when Im pregnant and I have all of them. Any advice? Or hope you can give? After the last miscarriage I don't know that I can go through that again. Thanks

blondisfun

Asked by blondisfun at 5:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• a line is a line.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• well try to do it right when you wake up in the morning
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 5:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Overhydrating is probably messing with your result, yes. Those tests detect hormone concentrations. When you frequently urinate, the concentrations don't have time to build up high enough to give a strong reading. They tell you to take them in the morning because while you sleep is the longest period of time between urinations for the hormones to concentrate in the urine. A line usually is a line. For them to read any level of positive, they have to detect a certain level of HCG. Test again in the morning and I bet you will have the strong result you are looking for.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Thank you everyone!
    blondisfun

Answer by blondisfun at 6:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Pregnancy tests can give false negatives but not false positives. You have to have the pregnancy hormones in your body for a line to even faintly show. Congrats!!!
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 8:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• culd b 2 much water do it 1st thing in the morn
    iheartkewi

Answer by iheartkewi at 8:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• a postive is a positive.. ofcourse my first pregnancy the line was dark and really there... the second pregnancy was extremely light even though i was farther along... and then i lost the baby due to a chromosomal disorder... ofcourse that was 20 wks along so it wasnt a miscarriage but a stillbirth... not to scare you or anything... thats just me... congrats! your pregnant!!!! good luck and i hope your baby is healthy!
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 11:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2009