Why do guys call out other girls name?

Something a friend of minds at work was talking about that happen to her and it clicked in my mind. In the past in the early 90's my ex-boyfriend said a name that was his ex-girlfriend which he clamed at the time they were no longer together I was not in the move anymore I tryed to pretend that it never happen but it did I figure it would not bother me but it really did and we just went our separate ways never did get an answer to WHY he did that I'm much older now never had that happen again I would like to have this ? answered and to see if there are other women that have experiences this thanks

blesswith3

Asked by blesswith3 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• i never experienced that, but if my hubby ever called out another girls name i would feel like he didn't think i was sexy enough, but i think that is mean for a guy to do
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 6:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• they are stupid. Their cogs in their brains don't turn fast enough. lol I've never said anything to any guy who did that. I think non verbal communication screams louder than words in that situation. I used to just sit like I was in shock and hurt and cry if I could (drama queen). It's usually just some brain fart coming to the surface nothing more. The Brain stores words in memory. When we speak it pulls words out to form sentences. Sometimes it pulls from the wrong slot, that's all.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I think, only think, it might be a sign that he is emotionally connected to someone other than who is is 'doing' and is completely displacing his current partner for the fantasy in his mind. I'd find it a sign of "no hope with this guy - he's completely into whats-her-name". I might actually scold him and tell him to get his heart straight before climbing into bed with any woman. One night stands are one thing, but calling another girls name when you're in a relationship with someone is just too big a red flag.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• That has never happened to me...but i have called my man by my exs name...not during anything sexual though. He was being really aggravated and I think my mind just went to the person that used to aggravate me the most...lol
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I'm not sure why they do that. I actually have been that "other girl" a guy has called out during sex to his wife! on one hand I feel horrible about it, but on the other hand I am completely flattered by it. All I know is if my man ever called out another girls name, I would be very hurt and probably not give him any for a very long time. Guys fantasize about other women all the time, which is fine, but keep their names to themselves.
    Anonymous

• he was eighter thinking of her while with you (pre-occupied) or he was being an A$$, or trying to drop a really mean hint....which i think was all of the above. they really dont understand how much that hurts....worse than that, they dont care that it hurts....my ex was so kind (while we were together) to send me a voice mail on my phone while he & his was having sex...now what kind of girl would allow that....on both our parts! i really cant beleive the things i put up with while "married" (yep, i was married to the creep!)...i get the dummass award...
    Anonymous

• Because when you are "screwing" more than one person it sometimes slips out ( which was probably in your case op.. you, yourself stated that he "claimed" they weren't together but you weren't sure.. were you?) Another thing to look out for is when Guys ONLY call you "babe", "love", etc... It's easier to use these "nicknames" for ALL the Women they are with.
    Anonymous

• My DH called me by his ex wife name once! Pissed me off. I know he wasnt messing with her though because she is a 14 hour plane ride from where we live, lol.
    He was just sleepy.
    The worst thing that ever happened to me though was when he got surgery and the pain pills made him loopy. He felt the need for some reason to describe his ex wifes breasts and coochie to me and comapre them to MINE!!!! I cried.
    Anonymous

• My DF has never done this . ..but if he did . . .well lets just say he'd hear it from me. . .lol.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• no but i almost called out my ex's name but cover it up once i saw it slipping out. it doesn't mean anything you just forget who your with. at least for me. it just came out and i was like wow where did that come from.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2009