has any one sat down and read this word for word?

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/hr1_engrossed.pdf

it is the latest copy of the house stimulus bill that passed the house. BTW.

I don't want to debate it because I am only half way through, but I would like to know if any one else on here can stomach the large verbiage they use.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• we are trying to disect it in my ladies church group. It's very hard to understand!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 6:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I haven't read it and probably won't.
    I'm sure there's more like it to come.
    Anonymous

• Seriously you are half way thru it..damn girl you rock. My computer is too slow I tried to open the 680 pages and it took too long.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No. In fact, when bills come out they also come out with a downloadable version for online viewing for Representative's staff members to review. They have software that will redflag whatever certain words they are keying or specifically looking for to eliminate time and zero in on what a Representatvie would be looking for.
    This bill was created specifically by Pelosi to not have a downloadable version-paper only-so the staffers could NOT redflag it with their computers. Forcing everyone to physically read it in 48 hours. F**king evil woman, she knew exactly what she was doing and so did Obama.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 6:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I'll say mamakirs, that's why it should've never been passed, but I've made that pretty crystal clear on how I feel about this bill and the promise Pres Obama broke to pass it. Nothing in there was emergent, the housing crisis is closer to that status, I wonder if he'll give us 5 days to post our comments about how we feel. More importantly I wonder if it'll matter.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Sheri--
    The only reason why this bill was rushed through with an "urgent" status, was so that no one could read it. For if they did, it never would have passed! And Obama and company KNEW that!

Good rule of thumb with politics...if something moves through Congress quickly, it can't be good! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• This bill was created specifically by Pelosi to not have a downloadable version-paper only-so the staffers could NOT redflag it with their computers.

She IS an evil woman.... To answer Op's question. A political group I am in, we divided it amongst us. I have read some. And yes, it is a pain in the arse to understand.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Oh believe me, Lorikeet I completely believe that too. I tried really really really hard to find good in this whole thing and that whole bill thing getting passed the way it did has just shot the sails right off my boat.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Didn't read it or the OMNIBUS that is on the House floor today that has 9,000 earmarks and I won't read the budget the president is putting out tomorrow. After all we can trust our leaders. They put no earmarks in anything during these trying times for us......
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• part of it is easy reading because it is the same as past years.
    Anonymous