Colic coming later??

My 5 month old has always been such a good baby. Slept through the night.. takes naps.. always happy.. the whole bit.
Lately, she has been extra fussy. I can't put her down in her swing or anything without her screaming her head off within 2 minutes until I pick her up.
Anyone have a situation like this before? What should I do?
Will this be something she grows out of?

GA_GiRL0920

Asked by GA_GiRL0920 at 6:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe she is teething and wants to be comforted by you. They get extra needy during that time.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Could be teething...could be that she isn't feeling well...ear infection or a cold or a tummy ache? It could also be that she has realized that when you put her down you often go away. Babies this age haven't mastered object permanence yet. i.e. They haven't figured out that even though they can't see something (you ), it still exists. Peekaboo games and hide the toy games are good for this ...also, walk away with confidence when you put her down. If she doesn't sense any concern from you, she might realize that there is not reason to be concerned. Good Luck.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2009