I think my son is starting to teeth and he will only be a month old sunday......

My boyfriend noticed today that our son had what appears to be a tooth under our sons gums that looks like its going to start to come in. He had been recently circumsized and so when he had a low grade fever last night i had simply thought it was because of that, but now im wondering could he be teething? Has anyone heard of a baby this young starting to teeth?

bittersweetqt

Asked by bittersweetqt at 6:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, I haven't.

Newborn gums often have buds, and sometimes they're hard and can feel like teeth coming in, but I've never heard of the baby younger than 4 months teething.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 6:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I thought this for ALL first 5 months of my daughters life. And she is 5 months now. They probably will stay looking like buds for quite awhile.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Thanks i guess ill just have to keep an eye on it and see if anything happens. lol I wasnt sure because this is the only spot on any of his gums that look like this.
    bittersweetqt

Answer by bittersweetqt at 6:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• it is possible. It is also possible for a baby to be born with a tooth. this happened with my cousin
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009