Development

My son will be 7 months old next week and he is only 11.12 pounds. It is a long story on his growth and development, but to sum it up he is not the best eater and has gone up and down with his weight. Just wondering what your infants are doing at this age. My son picks things up but take a while sometimes and he rolls both ways, he can not sit up on his own yet. He goes to the doctor a lot for weight checks and is on polycose weight gainer. My doctor says he is fine but she is a little worried on his weight gain. Everyone in my family thinks I should get a second opinion which I am going to....but why would he not be gaining weight very fast.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MY SON IS 4 1/2 MONTHS OLD AND WEIGHS 16.4 LBS. HE'S AIN THE 75TH PERCENTILE FOR HEIGHT AND WEIGHT.
    Camdenslilmama

Answer by Camdenslilmama at 6:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Please get a 2nd opinion... I will pray for you and your little one
    Anonymous

• I can relate to what you are going thru. My son is now 2 years old and is only 20 lbs. He has had a hard time gaining weight since he was about 5 mos old (I can't remember how much he weighed then). He now has a nutritional specialist and goes to feeding therapy....this all after we found out he had reflux. I don't know what your baby is doing eating wise, but ours wouldn't eat very well all of a sudden. He has been thru every test you can think of. It has been a long hard road for all of us, but still truckin! I hope you find the answers you need. Feel free to send me a message with more ? if you like. FYI he didn't crawl until 11mos and didn't walk until 16mos, but milestone wise he is doing good, just really underweight.
    michiganmommy11

Answer by michiganmommy11 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Wow thats little. I dont have much for advice. but at my sons 2 month check up he was 11lb 4 oz. Hes 3 months old now.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2009