Wrong? Don't bash please

Is it wrong of me to get really annoyed with my daughter? Its not like I have feelings of wanting to hurt her or anything but there are times I just get really annoyed and put her in her crib just so I don't have to deal with her. Anyone else feel this and if so any advice so that I can stop it because I HATE feeling this way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think it is important to take a break when you are feeling frustrated. As long as all of her needs are taken care of and you are not hurting her, Adults need time outs too!
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 7:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• your not alone it happens to all of us you need a some time alone and you will feel better
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 7:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• As long as she's safe, not crying, fed, changed, and has something to look at, mobile type thing, then I don't see a problem with it either.... I totally agree with the first answer..
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 7:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I think you're doing fine. You realize you've reached your breaking point and need time out. So long as she's not wet and not hungry, give her a toy or two and put on some music for her and leave for a half hour. You'll feel better. I know because that's what I did. (By the way, I also went into our bedroom closet, closed the door and screamed at the top of my lungs and cried it out.....great stress remover!)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• people who put their child safely in a crib when frustrated and stressed are doing nothing wrong...the ones who let themselves get too worked up can lose it and thats how shaken baby syndrome comes into play...the guilt will be there for wallking away, but know its for the best to calm down for a few minutes
    Micahbabysmommy

Answer by Micahbabysmommy at 7:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Okay I feel a lot better. I do take care of her I was just feeling really bad for feeling that way
    Anonymous

• Hey, been there done that. My daughter was a very hard baby to deal with, and I had bad post partum with her. You are doing what a GOOD mother does. But i might suggest talking to your doctor and tell him your feelings, he will NOT judge you. Best of luck sweets. OHHH BTW, that cranky daughter of mine is now 9 years old and we couldnt' possibly be closer. She is healhty, happy and beautiful, and I have soo much fun with her
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 7:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Why would that be wrong. It is far better to put the child in a crib or playpen, close the door and leave the room~ as long as they are safe, you are perfectly fine in doing so. No one on this earth is immune from anger and times of frustration. What you are doing is what you are supposed to be doing. At times, we just cannot handle situations.
    Anonymous

• I agree with all the other posters and am "guilty" myself of having to set my babies down... I suggest a baby sitter for a few hours one day... you need to admit to yourself when you need a break and take it...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 7:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My kids are grown but when they were growing up and even now, I always love them with everything in me BUT I don't always like them and I'm sure they would say the same, lol...
    peggy353

Answer by peggy353 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2009