I am trying to make foods that i can freeze, so that way when the baby comes, i won't be as busy. Any ideas or recipes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you freeze them in air tight containors they should stay good for atleast a month. if you dont freeze them the right way then they will get freezer burnt and wont be any good but just make sure you freeze them air tight.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Lasagna, shepherds pie, tuna casserole etc...

happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Meatloaf
    lasanga
    tuna cassarole
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Look for a casserole book and freeze those.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• how long will they stay fresh?
    Anonymous

• Spaghetti Sauce, Lasagna, Hamburger meat, Hot dogs, Banana Bread, Broccoli Casseroles, Potato Casserole, Homemade soups, Enchiladas,Chili.

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 7:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• After cooking a meal let it set out & cool all the way down before putting it in the freezer. I also like to place plastic wrap or wax paper over it before placing a lid on top. I think it keeps it from being freezer burn & will last longer. Keeping your meals in the freazer will last at least a couple of months.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 7:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• thank u ladies so much :)
    Anonymous

• I made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce and portioned them out, enchiladas and chicken noodle soup.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I don't know how much freezer space you have. I think that I'd roast a turkey and freeze meal-sized portions of cut up turkey. And I'd boil up the bones and strain and freeze containers of the broth. From there you have the basis for soups, casseroles, pot pies. With the rest of the turkey I'd make a few casseroles and freeze them. Perhaps make a few meatloaves and freeze them in meal-sized portions. Or make hamburgs and freeze them individually so you can easily cook up a few. A ham could be kept in the refrigerator or freezer for a while- look at the expiration date. Ham provides several easy meals, from ham slices to casseroles and sandwiches.

Answer by Bmat at 7:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2009