Is It okay to sleep on your back during the 7 month?

MamiKrystal

Asked by MamiKrystal at 7:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no, it causes kidney function problems.
    Anonymous

• its fine as long as it is comfortable with my first i ALWAYS slept on my back and now once in a while with this one i do in the middle of the night sometimes and im 8 months if it hurts or isnt comfortable then dont do it but almost all drs will say as long as it is comfortable
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• They say its not good to, that you should try to sleep on your side when prego. But I myself am 20 weeks and always find myself comfiest on my back. I try to fall asleep on my side and if I wake up on my back I just roll back to my side. There's nothing you can do if you go to your back in your sleep. Just try to stay on your side =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• They say not to because it could impede the flow of oxygen to the baby. Although if you're cutting off blood flow to the baby you will know. Your body will not allow it. You will become dizzy and uncomfortable. If you are on your back and you feel ok then the baby is ok. You caould sleep on your head if it didn't feel bad...we all know it would.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• when you lay on your back or right side it cuts off the blood flow..thats why they want us to only sleep in one position..i know, pain in the ass..im 8 months and Sometimes and only for a few minutes at a time do i sleep on my back..but lately ive been finding myself more comfy on my right side...the troubl eim having is staying off my stomache (yes i have woke up completely on my stomache before this big.lol) sleeping on my belly is my fav position when im not preggo
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It can interfere with blood flow to your lower body, including your uterus.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:14 AM on Feb. 26, 2009