What do you consider too old to have children?

Is it 30? 40? 50? Or older?

lizafur13

Asked by lizafur13 at 7:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that if you're still able to have kids and you really want kids, you're not too old. Complications can arise from 35+, but that's the mother's decision. If someone wanted to adopt babies until they were 80, more power to them. As long as they have the make and means, I don't think one can be too old.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 7:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• when ever your body tells you
    1ontheway

Answer by 1ontheway at 7:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• 40-42. After that I think you are just pushing it.
    Anonymous

• When you are too tired. When your body says no.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I don't think women should have children after the age of 35. It greatly increases the risks of complications for both mom and baby. I understand wanting to live your life and then these women are faced with their future with no children ahead of them once they have the life they want. I have had to give up alot to have my children when i did. Anyway I think over 35 is too old.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 7:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Also, do you mean having children for themselves, or having kids for other people? My friend had cancer and cannot have her own kids, but her mother said she would carry her babies for her if she wanted. She is able and healthy, and I think that's wonderful :)
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 7:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• 30.. I want to be done by 30.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• For those saying 35.. Get informed! The ONLY reason why Dr.'s set a standard for tests at that age is 1. because it was set YEARS ago when people were having kids early ( instead of opting for careers) and 2 because the risk of miscarriage at 35 goes up slightly which evens out with the risk of the invasive testing. Your chances for a deformity are still at ONE ( yes one percent).. The risk gradually rises and at 40+ the chances are higher...I know people in their 20's with children with downs/etc.etc. I also know people in their 40's that have healthy babies. Where are all the Michelle Duggar supporters now? She's 42.
    FYI: A woman is born with a set amount of Eggs.. So a woman could go into peri-menopause in her 20's! When another Woman could be 40!
    Anonymous

• Also seems that the "Teen" or Mothers that ALOT would consider "too young" are the only ones that aren't educated enough to realize that healthy babies come from different Mom's of different ages.. ( some of us opted to have something before having a family).
    Anonymous

• I don't know if you're talking about me, but I said "complications CAN arise," not WILL arise. The risk IS a little higher. I never said you couldn't have a healthy pregnancy. Then I said that my friend's mom is willing to carry her baby, and she's 49, so ... if you're talking to me, I don't know why you're offended.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 8:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2009